Once Upon a Fat Girl

Saturday, May 20, 2006

May Check-in

This is my May check-in. Starting in June I'll check in on the first of the month.

My starting weight on May 1, 2006 was 323 pounds. Unfortunately, today was the first time I've taken my measurements.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting||Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting||Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Just in case there is any doubt--just looking at these pictures hurts. I was an athlete...a swimmer, a runner...I think that I still think of myself that way. I avoid cameras. Seriously avoid them. I'm crafty at it. I also don't spend much time looking in mirrors, and when I do it's almost always from the shoulders up. Now I'm faced with these pictures.

Measurements:

Waist: 49.5"
Bust: 54" (over boobs) 46" (just under boobs)
Hips: 56"
Upper arm: 16.5"
Upper thigh: 30"

Weight: 317 (I've lost six pounds since May 1!)

4 Comments:

Blogger t. said...

Congratulations on the 6 pounds loss! That's a great start for this month. Make your pain your motivation to keep on with this journey!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

Congrats on the loss! I just read all your recent blogs and I see you write romance novels. Oh noooo I'm a fan of those. Well kinda. My friend got me hooked on Rachel Gibson books. I've also read Susan Anderson ones. That's about it. Anyway good luck with getting your book done! I think it's great that you are taking pictures even if it does hurt. My husband took pictures starting at weight 330, and he has lost close to 70 lbs. We look back and can't believe the difference. I think you'll find your progress photos really inspiring.
Have a great weekend!
BTW your lil girl is a cutie!! ;)

12:06 PM  
Blogger BarbaraMG said...

Way to go on the 6 pounds!

Just reading your previous posts. I think we all carry around stuff from our childhood. For me it was opposite. People told me almost every single day that I was too thin. (I was never under weight.) I got this feeling after hearing it everday that thin was a BAD thing! Seriously! I remember one guy in high school that I had a huge crush on telling his friends that I was "too thin" and he would never go out with me. How messed up is that?
I also remember a co-worker telling me that my asthma would get better if I lost some weight (I weighed 125 at the time..a healthy Body Mass Index.)
I think we as women hear it from every direction. How often does a woman feel happy with where she is at? Anyway...after hearing for my whole life that I was "too thin" I starting gaining weight. I thought I would be accepted if I put weight on. I neer got to the point of being over weight on purpose. Life and two kids took care of that.
Anyway, here I am now overweight and still not happy and some men still don't like me.
What's a girl to do?
Your baby is soooo cute and yes that is a cute caboose!

Good luck on your journey!

11:36 PM  
Blogger The Relentless Reader said...

Welcome, welcome! Good luck on this journey :)

That childhood stuff can be a heavy load sometimes. It can be difficult to shed that junk.

Hopefully this blog can help you out..it's doing wonders for me so far.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home