Once Upon a Fat Girl

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

101 Things in 1001 Days

I found this website and was fascinated by the concept. Which basically to come up with a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. Check out the site for rules and ideas for building a list. I particularily like the 1001 days part, because it is plenty long enough to complete my main goal, which is of course to lose 170 pounds.

Here goes nothin'! (I'll have a link to this list on the sidebar, and let you know when I update it!)

1. Start this list! (HAHA)
2. Complete a triathlon
3. Run three miles
4. Have a flat belly
5. Own a home
6. Have three-months income in savings
7. Be completely out of debt
8. Grow my own tomatoes
9. Grow pumpkins for halloween
10. Carve a really fancy schmancy pumpkin
11. Finish my novel
12. Finish my second novel
13. Have at least one of them published!
14. Hire a literary agent
15. Go to a writer's conference
16. Enter the RWA contest
17. Get a professional manicure
18. Get a professional pedicure
19. Buy a car that was made in the current decade! (That will be a first for me!)
20. Swim 20 laps in a 25-meter pool, continuously
21. Watch all of IMDB's top 250 movies
22. Keep this blog current for 1001 days
23. Go on a vacation ALONE with Kevin
24. Spend an entire weekend competely alone
25. Have my hair professionally high-lighted
26. Take dance classes
27. Actively campaign for the next Democratic presidental canidate
28. Vote in every election for one year
29. Learn to play the guitar well enough to be fun at parties
30. Complete my NY Institute of Photography program
31. Make a really fabulous piece of jewelry
32. Learn how to sew well enough to make something for Ruby to wear
33. Reconstruct a vintage clothing item into something amazing
34. Find a pair of 70s big sunglasses
35. Learn to knit
36. Knit a scarf
37. Crochet a bedspread-sized blanket
38. Make a quilt
39. Read 101 fiction books
40. Go to an art museum
41. Swim in the ocean
42. Learn how to change a tire
43. Completely de-clutter my house
44. Take my kids camping
45. Eat something I've never eaten before
46. Finish having dental work
47. Spend time with my dad at least once a week
48. Get rid of anything in my life that I don't love
49. Re-read The Stand
50. Re-read Gone with the Wind
51. Re-read the Outlander series
52. Take my vitamins everyday for a year
53. Learn to read tarot cards without looking at a book
54. Learn to make a herbal remedy
55. Grow my own herbs for it
56. Make $1000 writing
57. Go a whole month without yelling at anyone
58. Bake a cake from scratch
59. Find art lessons for Adrienne
60. Potty-train Ruby
61. Read the newspaper online everyday for a month
62. Start a clip-file of interesting newspaper stories for my writing
63. Organize my vintage clothes into those to sell and those to keep
64. Go to a face-to-face OA meeting
65. Lose 25 pounds
66. Lose 50 pounds
67. Lose 75 pounds
68. Lose 100 pounds
69. Lose 125 pounds
70. Lose 150 pounds
71. Lose 170 pounds
72. Give up dieting
73. Break the scale habit, so that I only weigh once a month
74. Read something outside my normal choice of books
75. Take Ruby to see the Wiggle live
76. Make a new friend
78. Meet a fellow blogger!
79. Learn how to make my dad's chili
80. Buy a dress from a regular store
81. Wear a size smaller than a 24 (for the first time in almost 10 years!)
82. Clean out my closet of clothes that don't fit or that I don't love
83. Buy a sexy matching bra and panties
84. Volunteer at my kids' schools
85. Eat at a restaurant I've never been to before
86. Go 30 days without eating at a restaurant at all
87. Do once-a-month cooking for one month
88. Resurect my eBay business
89. Subscribe to Writer's Digest
90. Buy a really good lipstick at the mall
91. Pick a signature scent
92. Get my carpets cleaned professionally
93. Buy a couch
94. Get Angel spayed
95. Teach Adrienne to crochet
96. Get Nick on a sports team or in a karate class
97. Ride a real bike (not a stationary one at the gym...and actual outdoor bike)
98. Join the Master's Swim Team
99. Ride in a hot air balloon
100. Take my kids to the drive-in before they close it down to build a Wal-mart (tragedy)
101. Boycott Wal-Mart

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Good luck with your list. I think I need to do my own.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish we lived in the same area...I would try to help you out with all of these things! I really have a feeling you will be able to do it! You have written it down...now put it all into action! You can email me at justjill24 @ hotmail .com if you'd like my support! Jill

10:28 PM  
Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

Great list of things! I could help you out with #78. I'm going there at the end of Sept. My husband and I are going to the Frozen Fury (La Kings vs Colorado Avs) game at the MGM Grand. We are planning to stay for 2 nights which means I will have free time. He'll be playing alot of poker, and I don't gamble.

My friend Becca (aka digitalgoobie.blogspot.com) is doing the 101 in 1001 days list too. I like your #9. Better start the seeds now!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

PS. I've been in a hot air balloon. It's so amazing! You should go with Kevin! It will be something you two will never forget! My dad took my sister and I about 7 years ago. You'll love it!!

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have already lost thirty pounds? good for you!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home