Once Upon a Fat Girl

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm not sure why--but I'm utterly and completely exhausted today. I can barely keep my eyes open. And that's with a good hour long nap. (Can I just say that there are definite benefits to having one daughter, and then twelve years later having the next one? My Sweet Adrienne took care of Ruby so that mama could take a nap. Isn't she sweet? I'm so lucky!)

I'm thinking maybe I over did it this week at the gym. I did two hour-long, fairly aggressive, cardio workouts in a row, and then weights yesterday where I increased all my weights by five pounds. It might not sound like much--but my body isn't used to so much movement. I'm thinking that maybe it's just saying "No more!" today. I listened and didn't go to the gym. I'm hoping I feel more energetic tomorrow. I'm definitely going to bed early today.

I'm curious whether any of you who have already been where I am now dealt with the same tiredness? Any ideas about how to combat it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Yeah I go through stages like that and it's usually when I've increased what I'm doing at the gym. Make sure you're getting enough protein as well.

8:43 PM  
Blogger The Relentless Reader said...

I was going to suggest protein as well. Maybe a daily vitamin would help out a bit?

8:18 AM  
Blogger Amazon Alanna said...

I'm with Jen on the multi-vitamin...make sure it has a nice vitmain B mixture. I would also be careful about rehydrating...and not just with water. Lack of electrolytes can make you tired, too.

And whever possible, if you need a nap, take a nap!

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home