Once Upon a Fat Girl

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Shrinking Shaunta

It's funny the parts of you that shrink, isn't it?

I've lost something like 18 pounds, which isn't much in the face of the 150+ pounds I have left to lose. But it's something. It must be. Because I've lost a bra size. Only, my boobs look bigger, because I've also lost some of the fat just under them, so rather than having just a gelationous belly/boob mass in front of me, I have a belly and boobs--seperate entitites. How nice is that? Really, I'm so excited about that.

Also, I think my feet have shrunk. My tennis shoes are looser. One thing that prompted me to try to get a handle on my binging was the scary fact that my feet and ankles suddenly started swelling up this spring. That never happened to me before. They'd just blow up like balloons--noticably bloated. It scared me. I'm happy to report that they have not swelled up since May.

I have TOPS today, and then I'm heading for the Y for a workout. I think I'll hit the treadmill or the indoor track today. I may try doing intervals again, just to see if my stamina for running has improved at all. Remember--about two weeks ago I could only do 6 cycles of 45 seconds walking (3 mph)/15 seconds barely jogging (4.5 mph). We'll see.

I have this goal: to get to the point where in the fall, when it is NOT 110 degrees outside, I can workout outside. That means feeling comfortable riding a real bike in public. I am afraid that I'm going to look like a circus sideshow on a bike. I have to get over that. Also, I want to be able to run outside by--lets say October.

I'll check in later with my weeks weight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ebby said...

I just happened upon your blog, and it's very inspiring!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Ebby said...

Also, I've been having an odd sudden swelling of the feet and ankles, too. So much so my feet do not look like my own. I think it might have to do with water retention (I do have hypothyroidism, so that is a likely possibility).

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home