Once Upon a Fat Girl

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My Homestead

I've spent the last several weeks reading and researching and dreaming about moving to Ely, to my little farm.

It occurred to me today that there isn't a reason why I can't have my homestead where ever I am. There is plenty I can do right here, in the next few months, that will help prepare me (and all of us) for Ely.

Prepare me, especially, physically. I hate doing pointless exercise (treadmills, walking around the block, etc.) But today I gave myself a hell of a workout in my own backyard. I spent 20 minutes raking and picking up leaves, while my baby played with her Little Tyke's slide, and helped put little handfuls of leaves in a bag.

I got a good upper body workout in as well, kneading dough. I used this amazing recipe. It turned out perfect. For dinner I cut some slices, brushed on some olive oil, sprinkled garlic bread topping and dried parsley and toasted it up to go with Amy's Tuscan Black Bean and Rice soup and it was perfect.

Amy's makes the best soup ever. I love the butternut squash, too.

Here are some things I'd like to do in this spring, before we move in June:

1. Finish cleaning up the backyard.

2. Clean and disinfect all my pots and get them ready for the move.

3. Grow some herbs and veggies in pots. This is possible here, since Vegas has a spring growing season that ends in June or July. I'm not going to go overboard, but there isn't any reason for me not to grow some greens and radishes and herbs at least.

4. Make bread three times a week (that's a good 15 minutes of heavy upper body workout!)

5. Walk to the grocery store at least twice a week, instead of driving.

6. Refinish two dressers, two desks and two bookshelves.

7. Throughly declutter my house.

8. Put up whatever left over or extra produce from the CSA that I can.

I feel better today than I have in a while. Not as tired, not as cranky. I started taking vitamins at the same time as the Thyroid Support (iron, C and a multi) so I'm not sure what's helping, but something is. I think it might be the iron, since I do have a tendency toward anemia.

1 Comments:

Blogger Weight Master said...

Hello, I'm kinda new to blogging. Well, it sounds as if you have it all planned out. Good job and good luck. Hope to hear back from you.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home