Once Upon a Fat Girl

Sunday, June 18, 2006

I Am the Champion!

Thanks you guys again for the great emails and comments. I'm feeling 1000 times better today. (I did take that nap, by the way, and I took a long one this afternoon. I guess I needed some extra sleep???)

I just got back from the YMCA. First...I love their stationary bikes. They have little fans to cool you off. They actually blow your hair off your face, and if I close my eyes I can imagine I'm actually racing! LMAO

I have been doing one long 'endurance' bike ride a week. Two weeks ago I managed 40 minutes. Last week it was 45. And today I finished an entire HOUR! I rode 10.5 miles, at levels 4, 5, and 6. (The other two weeks were at level 1 and level 2.)

I wanted to lift my arms in victory, like Lance Armstrong--or Rocky. I restrained myself, but inside I was doing the endzone dance!

We're headed out for a Father's Day dinner. Fish tacos! MMMMM!

I had a McDonald's ice cream cone today. And I realized why I've been losing weight. I realized that two months ago I would have eaten a double cheeseburger. Maybe two. Because...hell, I was ruining my diet, so I might as well do it up right. And today I wanted an ice cream. I was hungry. I ate the ice cream and it was perfect. And I was happy. I didn't feel that anxiety/panic about not having the burgers that I wasn't hungry for in the first place.

6 Comments:

Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

Good job on the bike! I didn't read any blogs yesterday, so I just now saw yours from yesterday. I know what you mean about the houses. I moved into my house 8 years ago, for the last 2 maybe 3 years the house prices have been insane. My next door neighbor bought hers for 690 3 years ago, and as of lately there have several selling for high 800 to low 900s. A couple have sold for a million. WTH!! It's so insane. If we wanted to we could totally make bank on our house, but we don't want to leave. It's just totally crazy!!
Glad to hear your brother got a bed. I really hope everything goes well for him.
BTW thanks for the nice comment from my Friday Blog.

5:28 PM  
Blogger The Knitting Nerd said...

WOO HOO!! Way to go Shaunta! Is there anything better than seeing your hard work and committment pay off? You should raise your arms in victory girl, who cares what strangers think anyway!

6:38 PM  
Blogger S said...

You go girl!!! I'm very proud of you and I'm glad you're feeling better. {{HUGS}}

8:59 PM  
Blogger Amazon Alanna said...

Yay! I love ice cream. I like to keep Skinny Cow caramel swirl ones in the freezer, but Chris, my husband, has been know to eat 2 at a time. We now have a deal. He's entitled to 2 per box. He can eat them as fast or as slow as he likes, but the other 2 are *mine* to eat as slooooooooow as I want with no begging or pleading.

Man, I went a tad off topic, didn't I?

6:59 AM  
Blogger drstaceyny said...

Hi, Shaunta--congrats on your biking! All your triathalon talk has made me consider doing one, too!

Also, I've known people personally and professionally that have recovered from heroin dependence. It's not easy, but it's possible. I'm glad he's getting help.

7:10 AM  
Blogger The Relentless Reader said...

Way to go on that bike girl! I can picture you running up the stairs and lifting your arms in victory, ala Rocky!

I love what you did at Mc's. That used to be my mindset as well. If I had already had something "bad" for me I would have just said screw it and ate and ate and ate..etc. You should be proud :)

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home