Once Upon a Fat Girl

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Pipedreaming

I'm wearing a top today that didn't fit me on May 1! Whoo hoo!

I'm shocked at how much stronger I am already, in only six weeks. On May 1, at the gym, I could walk 30 minutes on the treadmill going back and forth between 2 and 2.5 miles an hour. And I was completely done after...just worn out.

Today I walked 20 minutes on the treadmill at 3 mph...and even went up to 3.5 for a couple of minutes. I didn't feel winded or overextended. I could have kept going. But I wanted to get my tri-training in, which means bike time. So I did my 20 minutes on the bike as well!

If I can manage to maintain the 10-pounds-a-month weight loss until August, I'll weigh about 290 for our anniversary trip to Disneyland. I can't wait to see how much easier walking around the park is than it was last year when we went. We're taking the kids in October...again assuming the 10-pounds-a-month keeps up, I could be at 250! I haven't weighed 250 pounds in 10 years.

Ok, enough with the pipedreaming. I'm perfectly fine with a slow, steady weight loss. I feel fantastic. I'm finding myself eating more nutrious foods...not because I'm making any particular 'good' choice, but because I want to feel good. I want food that supports my health. But allowing myself to eat whatever I want when I'm hungry has taken the binge-urge away. This morning I had french toast sticks from Jack-in-the-Box for breakfast...and stopped at two sticks because I was full. (I bought the french toast for Ruby. I had a breakfast jack, which is an egg on a bun with a slice of ham. No cheese.)

No guilt. Because there are no good foods and bad foods. I am getting there.

6 Comments:

Blogger Barbi said...

Way to go on the treadmill! I am a treadmill addict! You'll find soon that even the 3 and 3.5 mph are going to be an easy clip. I started out between 2.8 and 3.1 Now I'm up to between 4 and 4.5. And you're right it makes you feel strong. My legs feel like they could pinch down a tree! LOL
Keep up the great work!

Barbi

4:55 PM  
Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

Good job!! That is great that you can see when you are full. Awesome!

You guys are making it to D-land after they open the new Pirates ride.

If you go to Miceage.com you can read about what they've done to the ride, and all the new pirate stuff they are doing including a johnny depp look alike walking around. I can hardly wait! We have passes, so I'll be there on the first day!

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! Hope you keep it up :D

9:51 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

I love to hear about your success with the "no diet" approach. Do you read Geneen Roth? Her teaching transformed my relationship with food, and I am forever grateful.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Amazon Alanna said...

I love eating whole grain and nutritious foods, they really help me feel good. I've never since better since I switched my eating habits.

Way to go on the tri training! And I am positive that you can maintain the 10 pounds a month loss if you keep all this positivity up!

8:00 AM  
Blogger None said...

Hi, I just stumbled across your blog about a week ago, and I just wanted to say keep up the positive attitude. I'm trying to lose weight also, and reading your blog keeps me motivated.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home