Once Upon a Fat Girl

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Feeling good

I wonder if having tooth decay can bring down your energy level? Or if maybe I had some other sort of low-level infection, and the antibiotics the dentist gave me are cleaning it up. Whatever the reason, my energy level is wonderful today. What a great thing, because I have a lot of stuff to do in the next three weeks for our move.

I stopped at a thrift store the other day and bought two Richard Simmons videos. I got through about half of one today, and was ready for more (shocking) when the tape started rolling and it was impossible to see what Richard was doing. Ruby totally loved it!

So here's what I'm doing right now, who knows which one (or combo thereof) is making me feel better?

1. Kevin bought me a Jack LaLaine juicer last week and I've been juicing six carrots, an apple and a handful of berries (blueberries and raspberries) midmorning this week.

2. I've been getting a little more exercise this week, mostly because I feel better so I don't feel like sitting like a lump on the couch watching whatever Netflix delivered that day.

3. I've been visualizing my metabolism like a fire in my blood, and every time I eat or move I think about my metabolism and how I'm stoking that fire. I know it sounds silly, but I think it works. I also visualized waking up after being at the dentist with absolutely no pain in my mouth--and it worked. No kidding. I didn't have to take any of my vicodin, even after two root canals, two crowns and three fillings.

4. I've been freaked out by how fast my teeth went down hill after my last round of root canals--so I listened to the dentist this time and I haven't been eating much sugar and no soda.

5. I'm being REALLY good about my vitamins. I think that I'm especially benefitting from the B-complex and the iron.

6. I got a copy of Bob Greene's new book at the thrift store. Normally I try not to buy into diet books, just because I get caught up too easily. But it was a buck, so what the heck, right? Anyway, Bob (and Oprah) say no eating after 7:30 p.m. and I've been sticking with that this week. Plus, my dentist told me that frequent eating is really bad for your teeth because it doesn't give your saliva enough time to do it's job (gross, I know.)

So, there you have it. I have no idea if I'm losing weight. To be perfectly honest, I don't even care. Really. Because I feel really good right this minute, and that's a step up right there.

Hey. Maybe it's the nearly 24-hours of sleep I got Monday, courtesy of my wonderful dentist's anethesia? Could be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are making really positive changes -- and so glad you are focusing on how you feel and not so much on the numbers on the scale. That is something I am striving to do also. An infection in your mouth and teeth problems can definitely affect your energy levels - glad you are feeling better. I am going to add you to my blogroll! :) Lady Rose

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home