Once Upon a Fat Girl

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Moved...finally!

The kids and I moved to Ely two weeks ago. We're living in a tiny apartment--maybe 500 square feet--while Kevin continues to work in Las Vegas until the end of June. Talk about togetherness! This little place is SO little.

But it snowed on Thursday. Big fat flakes. And Ruby stood at the window all day saying "oh, beautiful!" over and over again. The air is so clean and so fresh. You can actually see huge stars, even in town. The night sky is like a collection of jewels, I swear. The kids love their school--which is a big deal when you consider the crappiness of the school they came from.

I got a job. I'm the full-time aide to a fifth grade boy, Luis, who has mild Down's Syndrome, is non-verbal and only understands Spanish. My six years studying the language is finally paying off! I'm not happy about leaving Ruby with a sitter, but it's only until Kevin gets here. The hours of my job are fantastic. I only work six and a half hours four days a week, and only four hours on Wednesday. Same breaks as my big kids. And the work is interesting. The school district is going to pay for me to take Spanish and sign language classes.

We're in the process of making an offer on a house. The appraisal should be done on Monday. It's the house that I love, and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I took some pictures that I'll post as soon as I can. The owners have agreed to sell for the appraised value--which should be considerably less then they were asking, considering that the house four down sold for $25,000 less than the asking price on my house.

Our house is amazing. The main part was built in 1907, with additions made in the 50s and in the 80s. It has the most amazing 1950s pink and turquoise Lucy kitchen. And a yard that is like a half-acre of fairy forest. There are dozens of raspberry bushes, and a barn in the backyard. I just love it.

Okay...I should be writing more regularly now! How have ya'll been?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I don't normally post to your journal, I do read it. I really REALLY hope you get this house. Sounds like things are coming together for you.
Greality@aol.com

7:05 AM  
Blogger Cynthia Rose said...

Sounds awesome! Will keep my fingers crossed for you about the bid on the house. :)

7:12 AM  
Blogger JP said...

Hey Shaunta of http://www.onceuponafatgirl.blogspot.com/,

I just got added to your “Fat Fight BlogRoll”, and I really want to introduce myself to the blogsphere…

I would like to pay you for a “Blog Review” of my blog www.DoesIsagenixWork.com.

Are you willing to write 250 words of my weight loss story for $20 USD (via PayPal)?

Drop me an email jp at jprichards dot com

For the Love of Cleansing,

JP Richards
www.DoesIsagenixWork.com
No MORE Mr. Fat Guy

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:55 PM  
Blogger All Blog Spots said...

Great blog, keep the good work going :)

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home