Once Upon a Fat Girl

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

TOPS Review

The first thing I saw when I walked in the building for my TOPS meeting was...are you ready for this? I don't think you are...a huge HUGE like garbage-sized bag of DONUTS! What the hell is up with that? We're talking maybe five dozen donuts, sitting on a table, keeping maybe 10 loaves of wrapped up garlic bread company.

Seriously.

I walked in the room, which is inside the club house of a 55+ mobile home park...and saw eight very nice fat old ladies eating donuts.

Hmmmm.

Well other than THAT little detail, the meeting went well. I've lost another pound since Saturday...so a total of 13.5 down all together. The ladies were sweet as the donuts they were eating. One lady lost six pounds on her two-week cruise. Then they all started talking about cruises they'd taken.

I have the most acute case of motion sickness of anyone I've ever met. I was literally laid up (had to call in to work and everything) for THREE days after I went on that swinging Viking ship ride at a carnival. Gross. To me a cruise on the open sea in a big boat with piles of rich food would be a Stephen King nightmare come true. I was getting more than a little woozy hearing about it.

Maybe I'll feel different when I'm a senior citizen.

In other news, I'm eating Morningstar Farms' Buffalo Chicken Wings (that's fake chicken) and they are yummy! I've had them in my freezer for ages, afraid of them. But they have the texture and flavor of chicken. Nice. And only 200 calories for five wings. I'm eating they with popcorn and cherries.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Relentless Reader said...

Donuts???!!! Wow, now that is some meeting, lol. I can't quite wrap my mind around that one.

I'm glad you liked it, are you planning on going back?

Congrats on the loss Shaunta!

4:28 PM  
Blogger S said...

Donuts??!! If we brought donuts to our TOPS meetings we would be stoned. LOL I'm glad you enjoyed the meeting and congrats on that loss! You go girl!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home