Once Upon a Fat Girl

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Weigh in Day

Today is the sixth Saturday weigh-in since I stopped dieting.

Last week I weighed 315 on Saturday...even though in the middle of the week, on June 1, I was 312. Remember, I'd been sick and was still dehydrated on June 1.

Today...310.5!

So I'm down 1.5 from June 1, and 4.5 from last Saturday!

A total of 12.5 pounds lost so far. Also, 2 inches from my waist, 2 inches from my bust and 3 from my hips (thanks exercise bike!) and 1 from my thigh. A total of eight inches lost!

I think the exercising really has made a difference. I worked out five times this week. Good hard workouts, too.

It's going to take a real commitment on my part to keep up the workouts over the summer with the kids out of school. We've been talking about joining the YMCA. Our local one here has a pretty neat water park for the kids--the big ones are big enough to use it while I workout. The exercise equipment is pretty funny. They have one of those stationary bikes with a big fan wheel in the front--remember those? But they have an indoor track--and a really nice indoor olympic pool. You have to be a member to use the indoor pool, while you can just pay for the day to use the water park, so when we went to check it out the indoor pool wasn't crowded at all.

I wonder if anyone else struggles with this: I find myself not trusting my weight loss. Like maybe the scale was off when I first started. Or maybe I was sucking in my stomach more when I first measured...maybe I measured a thicker part of my hips or thigh. I can't wait to have such a significant loss that there is no doubt about it at all. Like holding the tape measure around my waist at my starting 49.5" would just fall to the floor even if I stuck my gut out.

I am going to make an honest attempt not to weigh myself again until next Saturday. Including putting the scales away.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

I used to think that my clothes had stretched in the wash and that's why they no longer fit.

Well done on the loss :)

8:33 AM  
Blogger Amazon Alanna said...

I don't trust my weight loss either, I'll weigh myself inthe morning and say...I hope it doesn't say 178...but I'm actually at 165. That's a 13 pound mental problem!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home