Once Upon a Fat Girl

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Tri-training Week Two...in the bag!

I ate candy today. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Holy God...they were fantastic. Frozen. Mmmm.

I'm trying very hard not to let this get me down. Because 1. I was hungry. 2. I stopped when I was full. 3. I really wanted some candy. And 4. (and I wish this one didn't matter to me so much still) I stayed in my calorie goal for today.

Calorie King has this feature where they will average your calories eaten, calories burned during exercise, net calories and fat/carb/protein percentages over the past two weeks, month, three months, six months or a year.

I just looked at two week periods starting May 1.

The first two weeks my calorie average was about 2200 (not including exercise...just food eaten.) My fat percentage was 33 and I averaged 11 minutes of exercise a day.

The second two weeks I averaged 2000 calories, 30 percent fat and 18 mintues of exercise a day.

And the past two weeks...1880 calories a day, 28 percent fat and 25 minutes of exercise a day!

I'm really glad I didn't just jump right into a strict diet. Seems that overtime my eating has gotten healthier, and I haven't felt deprived or the need to binge even once. I also seem to be getting a handle on being able to tell when I'm hungry/full.

I went to the gym with my sister today. Jill is 6'1" and even at 230 pounds has the best, longest legs I've ever seen. She wears a size 16. She's gorgeous, like a model. She kept me company during my endurance bike ride for this week (45 minutes! Would have been 60 but the daycare called me to come change Ruby's diaper.)

I found myself wondering what Jill will feel when I weigh less than her. Our entire lives she's been significantly thinner than me. Even when we were tiny she was petite and I was sturdy. Will it bother her? Will she start telling me that I've lost enough when I get even with her? Will she be encouraged to lose some weight herself?

Tomorrow we're swimming. I'm done with my tri-training for the week. That's two weeks ya'll! Jill's having problems swimming properly because she can't get the hang of breathing. In case anyone else has the problem...it's important to breath out while you're face is still in the water (blow bubbles) so that you aren't trying to breathe out and in at the same time. I'm going to help her figure it out tomorrow. I'm going to get some weight-training in, because I skipped it today, and try to do six laps. I figure if I add one a week, I'll be up to 20...eventually!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Being smaller than your sisters rocks... until this year, I'd always been the big one in the family. Now I'm the smallest :)

I'm so with you on not starting strict - if I'd started off eating like I do now, I'd have lasted about a week. You need to keep adjusting.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home