Once Upon a Fat Girl

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

How to Squash Your Fledgling Self-Confidence

Spend an hour with your ex-husband's second wife--who weighs 190 or so pounds less than you. The only conciliation being the knowledge that two months ago you weighed 210 pounds more than her. Sigh.

Then make yourself feel better by finishing off the Cherry Garcia frozen yogurt and remembering that everyone hates the skinny bitch. Your ex-husband's parents hate her so much that they gave their son an ultimatum--her or us. They haven't spoken to him in five years. They have us over for every holiday.

I survived. Didn't even go over my calories, despite using Ben and Jerry's as a feeling-soother. I'm a little surprised that I was bothered at all by being around her. I'm not usually insecure about her. I haven't been with my ex-husband for ten years and he's been with her for...oh...ten and a half? Time has eased the pain--I'm a thousand times happier married to Kevin than I ever was to Scott.

Anyway...enough of that! Today is a short bike ride and weights.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Relentless Reader said...

Ewwwww, why did you have to spend time with her?

Be happy in the knowledge that you now have a fantastic, supportive husband and she ended up with HIM. LOL ;)

8:48 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

It's crazy how we have this idea planted in us that thinner is better and it's so not true. Would you like your friends better if they were thinner (or less if they gained weight)?

Well done for surviving.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home