Once Upon a Fat Girl

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

July Check-In

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting||Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No TOPS today, due to the holiday. But, I thought I'd do my July check in anyway and share my measurements.

On May 20:

Waist: 49.5
Bust: 46 under boobs, 54 over boobs
Hips: 56
Upper arm: 16.5
Upper thigh: 30

Today:

Waist: 44
Bust: 44 under boobs, 51 over boobs
Hips: 50
Upper arm: 16
Upper thigh: 26

So I've lost 5.5 inches from my waist, 2 inches from under my boobs, 3 inches from over my boobs, 6 inches from my hips (holy cow!), half an inch from my upper arm and 4 inches from my thigh.

Drumroll please......

That's a total of 21 inches!!! (And that's only counting one arm and one thigh...if I count both it's 25.5 inches!) Amazing.

Even more important:

1. Shorts that were two inches from closing now fit me comfortably
2. I can ride an exercise bike or walk at a good pace for an hour
3. I finally got the hang of a weight training routine

I think most important of all, I'm finally making peace with food. At the movies yesterday I ate junk food. Popcorn (half of a small), M&Ms (1/3 of a bag), a couple of mini Butterfingers, some Twizzlers (like six pieces) and a piece of beef jerky. And I enjoyed every bite. I stopped eating when I was full--even though there was still popcorn and candy left. Two months ago I would have ate until it was gone--and then ate all night since I'd blown it.

When I put it all in to my Calorie King I realized that my little movie treat had about 1000 calories in it! But I didn't freak out. I ate a small dinner. I didn't eat the Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia Frozen Yogurt that's in my freezer right now. I didn't cry or moan about what a loser I am (and in a bad way.) I was fine. I ate too many calories, but I didn't binge.

I. Did. Not. Binge. Seriously, that's a landmark.

Calorie King lets you look at averages for two weeks. Eating too many calories yesterday didn't mess me up in the scheme of things. For the past two weeks I've averaged 50 minutes a day of exercise, burning about 600 calories a day. Ohhh yeah!

Today we're barbequing. Chicken, corn on the cob, salad, and I'm going to make some cornbread. Yummy! I think I'll go get a pineapple for dessert.

The Y is closed today, so I'm taking the day off. Tomorrow is my hour-long walk/jog. The goal is to do the jog interval six times.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, YA'LL!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Amazon Alanna said...

Yay Shaunta! You're doing exactly what a "normal" person would do, you ate treats at the movies, and then to compensate, ate a smaller than usual dinner! Woo-hoo!

And way t go on the 21 inches...holy crap!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Well done on the popcorn - it's so easy to overeat that stuff!

Looking good!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

WoooHOoooo Shaunta!! You can really tell. Look at your face too. You've lost weight there too! WooHooOOo! Your plan is working!! Congrats!!

I hope you and your family had a nice 4th! Are fireworks legal in Vegas?

10:41 PM  
Blogger OneMoreBite-Weightloss said...

Way to go, Shaunta! That's exactly how you'll win the weight loss race; one day at a time, or one bite at a time as I like to say ;-)

You've discovered the real key to permanent weight loss; indulge sometimes, eat sensibly the rest, rather than the other way around. Add in that you don't get upset when you do indulge and then it's a great lifestyle and healthy way to live.

5:31 AM  
Blogger The Relentless Reader said...

Wow girl you are getting some awesome results!! I'm so proud of and inspired by you!

Yay for indulging a little. I agree with everyone else here, that's so totally normal!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Laura Bora from Bufadora said...

YAAAAYYYYYY SHAUNTA!!! That's fantastic and so so so inspiring. You are kicking much ass and I'm so excited for you.

You just reminded me that I can take my measurements and track progress that way, too!!!! I've only been going by the scale and the fact that my bras are all too big.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home