Once Upon a Fat Girl

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Here we go again...

I've gone back to recording everything I eat at www.calorieking.com. It isn't that I restrict, or even diet. It's just that I have this habit of mindless eating--hungry or not--and writing down what I eat helps with that. I got away from it, and my weight has been completely stagnant, bouncing between 295 and 305 for months. That seems like quite a bounce doesn't it? To me, too. I'm not sure what that's about.

Anyway, I decided that I'm ready to make a small effort to move away from that number. For some reason I'm mentally stuck there. If I can lose another twenty pounds, the combonation of being 50 pounds down AND having a cushion outside my bounce range from 300 pounds, will be a huge lift.

I weigh 304 pounds right now. I lost one pound last week. I'm weighing in on Tuesday's again. One happy thing. I seem to have broken my weighing habit. In the beginning I was weighing every time I went into the bathroom. I had to have Kevin hide the scale for a while, because it was getting to the point of scary OCD-ness. Now it's in the laundry room, and I'm not having any problem at all with only weighing on Tuesdays.

I broke down the other day and did a one-week free trial of weightwatchers.com. I canceled it today. I wasn't impressed. And I was given a nice graphic reminder of how my particular brain reacts to diets. Or even the perception of a diet. Even the idea that in seven days I may be charged $65 for three months of a diet. I binge. Apparently, I binge on Halloween candy. Hence the 305 starting weight this time around, and not 298. Sigh.

What seems to work for me is planning three meals--eating whatever I want for those meals, but with an eye toward a serving size that will leave me full but not stuffed. I almost always eat frosted mini-wheats with milk for breakfast. That along with lunch and dinner usually comes to about 1400 calories. I try to keep my calories at about 2000. It helps me curb my mindless eating. I have those 600 or so calories in mind when I'm hungry. It's plenty for two good snacks.

Okay. I feel very...back. It's time to take the next step down.

2 Comments:

Blogger BigAssBelle said...

hey! i remember a huuuuuge movement that swept overeaters anonymous years ago. we called them the "Three meal a dayers" and it was such a wild concept, compared to our standard food plan mind set. they were, however, the first people i ever met who put together years and years and years of clean eating. it works. i hope it's going well for you.

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Got some great news. Check out Shangriladiet.com. I read about it in doctors office, and thought another diet. But I thought what the heck, it is worth a try. It is a different approach. It is based on a scientific experiement on tricking the brain and how our bodies store fat during a feast period in life and it burns during famine. If we can trick our brains we will not want to eat food, our appetite fads. It is so cool how it works and it really works. I have been doing it for a couple of weeks and I feel stuffed all the time. I don't even want certain foods. This is not a "diet" really all you have to do it take 2 table spoons of olive oil. Take a look at the website to get more info. It really helps you have control over food. Also, the website has blogs and a forum to learn more about it. It is definitely worth a try!!
Hope you find this helpful.

Ps. I am the "need to find God girl".

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home