Once Upon a Fat Girl

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Writing and Weight...are you suprised??

So I have the best idea ever for my next novel. I mean, it's a really good BIG idea. A blockbuster idea, I think. And it's scary as shit to have one of those, let me tell you. Why? I'll tell you.

1. I'm not sure I can actually write my big idea.

2. I may never have an idea this good again. It's really THAT good.

It's such a big story that I'm having a hard time organizing my thoughts and deciding what exactly it is I want to say. This story is so far removed from my little romantic suspense that it's like jumping from the seventh grade directly to graduate school. So if anyone has any advice about organizing a Really Big Story, I'm open to suggestions.

***

My weight is holding steady. I've decided that until after the New Year I'm just going to be happy with that. I've lost twenty pounds this year. If I do that every year for five more years I'll be one sexy 40-year-old mama. So what the hell. I am so clearly not cut out for dieting. Even considering it makes me want to bury my face in a tub of Cherry Garcia. I'm also not exercising. I should. I know I should. Every morning I say to myself "Self, you should move your ass today." And every day I just...don't.

I'm traveling a lot this next month. We're going for four days to Ely and I'm spending a weekend in Florida with my dad for his wedding. Ok, that may not sound like a lot to you, but it is to me! I'm not going to beat myself up about not losing more. I'm just gonna hang tight until New Year's and then let my natural need to set resolutions kick in.

No diets though. Just--healthier choices. Making better use of the three months I'll have left on my Athletic Club membership (and then, who knows if I'm sticking with it maybe going month to month.) Remembering that I can eat some Cherry Garcia without eating the entire thing everytime.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy December, keep an eye on the scale just so I'm not shocked in a few weeks, and be happy with the twenty pounds I'm not carrying around with me anymore.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amazon Alanna said...

Perhaps you could write down plot line items on index cards and then put them in the order that you might want them to occur in your book...a kind of time line manipulative....

Woo-hoo for losing 20 in a year!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

I am a published novelist. Writing is now my hobby.
My biggest problem is I have ADHD and takes me forever to edit.

You want to write your Book.
I would get a note book jot down the idea than write an outline like a note for each chapter then just write. Things may change.
Do your rewritng after the book is done.

One story I wrote a small chartered I was going to kill ended up not dying but ended up as a major chartered. He got the girl too.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

I'm trying to just hold steady this month too. Good luck!

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home