Once Upon a Fat Girl

Monday, August 14, 2006

My Love Affair With Old Clothes

Kevin and I made a decision yesterday--I'm going back to selling vintage clothing on eBay. I'm really excited. Late last year and the early part of this year, I was really into it. But, a few months ago I just suddenly took a nosedive. In retospect, I think I might have been dealing with some post-partum depression. I couldn't keep up the pace (50 to 70 listings a week, shopping with an infant nearly daily, modeling shoots.)

Anyway...today I got to both go through the enormous stock that I have in storage, and go shopping! Woo! I had some pictures already taken of clothing that I hadn't listed yet, so I'm starting there. (The redhead is Erika, my favorite model, she's 18 and has moved to LA to pursue her career. Join me in sending her some good vibes, huh?)

Here are the seven pieces I listed today (I have both black dresses up):


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You can check out my auctions here.

If you look at my feedback, you'll see that I hit a rough patch just before I quit selling. I did resolve all issues. I thought about posting some sort of an explaination on my auctions, but decided against it. If anyone cares to go past the first page of feedback, I have some pretty glowing reviews. And if they don't...well, I'll just buck up and take it like a big girl.

I'm so excited! I love vintage clothing. I love being able to shop without worrying about size. My best find so far was a vintage 1970s Yves St. Laurent coat:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I bought it for $20 and sold it for just under $800! The money I make from selling my clothes is going in the Get-Out-of-Vegas pot. Woo Hoo!!!

EDITED TO ADD: I just made an executive decision to post pics of each weeks eBay listings. I'll update the link under "favorite posts" on the left each week. Betcha can't wait! HAHA

4 Comments:

Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

hope you do well. The photo shoots look very professional

I love old clothes to my mother buys me vintage stuff that she hunts down at thrift stores I have some amazing dresses that are throw back to the 50'd and sixties sixties only I wear a top under it. I don't like exposing my arms. I feel like a domestic goddess when I put these dresses on.
One dress is really cool. It was my mom's and now I fit into it.

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these clothes AND the quality of the pictures! Did you take the photos yourself? Very nice! :-)
PS I know you can't post on my extrapounds site...I'm going to get a blogger site up soon. I always check your comment section if you want to write back on here! Thanks!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

Cute stuff! Let me know if/when you have stuff in size Medium!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Shaunta said...

Jill...I didn't take these pictures...but I do take my own sometimes.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home