Once Upon a Fat Girl

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Five--but whose counting??

Well--I bit the bullet and went to TOPS after all.

I gained. Almost five pounds.

Strangely, I'm not as upset as I would have thought. I've lost 20 pounds. Even with the small gain, I'm down two...count them...TWO bra sizes. And one full clothing size. My measurements have not changed. I'm still healthier, and getting healthier still.

Today is a new day. A day in which I had a scrumptious lunch of Tequila Lime chicken at El Pollo Loco. Scrumptious, I tell you. Try it. It's low fat and compared to other fast food it's very low in calories.

Thank you all for the the encouragement! I'm feeling really good. Amazing, even. I'm not tired, for the first time in a few weeks. I'm just in a good mood. I love that!

4 Comments:

Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

You deserve brovas and cheers for walking into tops.

Good For you

2:51 PM  
Blogger Amazon Alanna said...

I'm proud of you because you went to Tops even though you knew that had gained. It's a step in the right direction! I'm sure that not all of the weight is a true gain, but some is probably water helping you digest from you mini-binge.

3:47 PM  
Blogger S said...

Good for you!!! I am VERY proud of for going to TOPS and facing the scale. You go girl!! Just think how great your next weigh in is going to be. :)

6:21 PM  
Blogger Darth Julie said...

Hi Shaunta! I'm Julie, Alanna's friend. I found your site through her.

In Weight Watchers this week, a woman talked about her friend who said "I'm not going this week, because I gained." She explained to her friend that it's important to go anyway, because it's about the journey and not the number, which you clearly know. I'm still sorting that one out in my own head.

Personally I'm really impressed with your journey, and I read your blog for inspiration. So thanks!
Julie

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home