Once Upon a Fat Girl

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Woo!!

Just got back from TOPS. I lost 2.75 pounds this week. What a relief. Seriously--I had this fear that my losing streak was over. I need to realize that one week's gain doesn't mean that I'm going to immediately stop losing forever. So, I'm at an even 300. I expect to be below that next week. Yes! What I'm really looking forward to is being enough below 300 that there isn't a risk week-to-week of going back above that.

I did not excerise this week. The excuse Du Jour is that it's just too fucking hot. And it is. H.O.T. I have barely even left the house this week. I'm going to make an attempt at getting to the gym this week. Especially because the kids want to use the pool and school will be starting soon. When school starts my plan is to drop Adrienne off, then go on to the gym first thing. She only goes to school four days a week--so if I just squeeze in another day Saturday, Sunday or Monday--five days. Nice.

In other news...

I've finished my book ya'll! WOO HOO!!! I've started sending out queries to agents. Three so far. Got back one form rejection email. Damn. BUT...I'm not letting it get me down. No, I'm really not. Mel is reading it now and doing some last minute polish editing...but it's done other than that. Ready to send off to the world, in hopes of finding a home. A home, let's hope, that will result in a nice advance check for me--and a little paperback with my name on the cover. How amazing will that be???

2 Comments:

Blogger Amazon Alanna said...

I'm taking alittle break from doing homework...actually, I'm doing more of a procrastination thing....but anyway, congrats on your loss!

So, you finished your book, too! Congrats on that as well. I know you love to write, so when you didn't update in about a week, i was beginning to worry. Your writing just went elsewhere, I suppose.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was getting worried too...I check in daily! Congratulations!!! WOW....I would love to write a book! What type of book did you write? I'm sure you've mentioned here, but I'm not sure that I've read it. What a awesome feeling that must be! AND the weight loss! Yeah! :-)

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home