Once Upon a Fat Girl

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Behold the Queen of Purple Prose (HA)

Dear Shaunta,

Your submission to Ellora's Cave Publishing has been read by our initial editorial reviewer. She felt it showed potential and has placed it in queue for an acquiring editor to consider. An editor will contact you if interested in seeing more of the story.


So it's a 15,000-word short-story and not a novel, and the publisher is online and not in Borders. But...hello! My very first second look for fiction.

I saw on their website that they have this monthly series based around birthstones set for next year, and I thought--what a great way to get some fiction experience. I'll write a story for them every month and see how it goes. At the least, I'd end up with a good 180,000 fiction words under my belt. I've just finished story number two, and it was already easier to write (and read) than number one.

This was my first submission to them, so I guess my plan to take the erotica world by storm is right on track *wink*

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily T said...

That would be so awesome if you were published!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home