Once Upon a Fat Girl

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Week One: Halfway there

Have I made perfect choices this week? Nope.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store during my lunch break. I was hungry and I knew that if I just ate the small lunch that had seemed like enough that morning, I was going to be miserable all afternoon and that it would probably trigger a binge.

So I went to the store. And I wanted sugar. I picked up a donut. I can tell you with out hesitation that last week I would have bought it. And chips. And a soda probably. But I'm trying to make good choices, right? So I turned the package over. Hello, 460 calories. For one little donut. A plain glazed donut. Okay then. Now, I'd love to tell you that I made the best choice and put the donut down and walked away. But I didn't. What I did was pick up a couple of other sweet things and look at the back. Twinkies have less than 300 calories. Did you know that? Not an excellent choice, but I saved more than 160, and a lot of fat since they aren't fried.

Instead of chips I picked up some almonds and an apple.

I'm pretty sure I've said before that lunch is my downfall. I don't know why, but I am so hungry at noon and if I don't eat enough I'm anxious and binge-y all afternoon and into the night. If I eat enough to feel good and full at lunch, I can eat a small-ish dinner and be fine. Here's to trying to listen to bodily messages.

Halfway there. I'm a little excited about weighing in on Tuesday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

Nobody says we have to be perfect - just make "better" choices "most" of the time - - one pound a week is a very doable goal. Picking up the snacks and reading the labels is a good start in the right direction. Have a great weekend!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home