Once Upon a Fat Girl

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Yawn

I'm thinking that maybe I'm not strong enough yet to do cardio and strength in the same day. I did okay during the workout, but the rest of the day was shot. I could barely keep my eyes open. I wasn't sore--just exhausted. I just couldn't concentrate, couldn't get anything done.

I'm not sure. Part of me feels like I'm just being a wuss. This isn't supposed to be easy. But another part of me knows that if it's too hard I'll end up quitting. So...we'll see. I have one more weight training/cardio session this week...tomorrow. Then not again until Monday. I'll decide next week if I can handle it or not. I'm thinking of maybe breaking it up and doing my legs one day, my arms and shoulders one day and my back/belly one day. But--is it effective to do the exercises once a week? Anyone?

Today is my long walk/jog. My goal is to do six jogging intervals. That's one more than last week :) I've actually been looking forward to this.

I'm too tired to think of anything clever to say. I'll write more this afternoon.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Relentless Reader said...

I guess you have to find that fine line between it being sooo hard that you want to give up and being too easy right?

You are definitely not a wuss :) No way, no how.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Marathon Someday said...

You may want to break up your weights and cardio. I used to do them in different sessions...weights really drain a LOT of energy out of you, and it's hard to get an effective cardio workoout after / before.

Keep up the great work!!!!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Nicole (SummersComing) said...

I have to add weights back in as well. I hope I have the energy to do either these days, atually! LOL

1:39 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

We all react differently to different types of exercise, but I think you should listen to your body. If doing both in one day leaves you knackered, you could trying doing 3 days of cardio per week and 3 days of weights per week (alternating) with one rest day. You'll still need about 10 mins of cardio at the start of a weights session to get you really well warmed up.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home