Once Upon a Fat Girl

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Officially Out of My Funk

Whatever has been making be feel meh about my efforts...it's passed. I'm feeling good. I'm ready to get back into the swing of things.

Part of what has pulled me out of it was finding out this weekend that my dad has prostate cancer. His prognosis is good, and he just found out that he can recieve his treatment here in town. But it just was like a kick in the ass. You get to live once--if you don't take care of yourself, that's it. I'm lucky that even at over 320 pounds, I was relatively healthy. And i'm feeling healthier every single day. And I want to keep feeling that way until I die a very old woman skidding feet first into my grave.

TOPS was yesterday...lost 2.5 pounds in two weeks. Not what I expected...considering that I've been working myself into the gound exercise wise. But then I measured my waist and realized I've lost another inch around in in the past two weeks. So whatever...I'm shrinking. Undeniabley shrinking. I've lost enough around my waist that there is not chance that I'm just sucking it in more or something. Rock on!

I'm going to do weights tonight, maybe swim some. Tomorrow is walking. Then weights against on Friday.

I'm going to catch up on my blogs tonight and tomorrow...thanks you guy so much for your support. And if you have any spare prayers, please send them to my dad. He starts his therapy on Monday morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger chrissie said...

One thing to remember when you're working out (and this is something that I've had to remind myself) is that you're not only losing fat but you're also gaining muscle. While muscle doesn't weight any more than fat does (a pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of bricks) but muscle is denser and takes up less space than fat does. So if you're losing inches but not seeing the scale numbers drop it means that you've also increased your muscle.

Good job! And your father will be in my prayers.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Amazon Alanna said...

I'm sorry to hear the news about your dad, but it is wonderful to know that he has a great chance and that he doesn't have to travel far to get the treatment he needs.

And that funk! I'm certainly glad it's gone. I was starting to worry, lol.

Here's to you, the Incredible Shrinking Woman!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home