Once Upon a Fat Girl

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Re-evaluation

I did go on Friday for my 5K walk. It went okay, although it didn't go as well as I would have liked. I couldn't do the six jogging intervals. And the five I did made my legs hurt so much that the next part of my walk was way slowed down.

I've decided to take the weekend off of exercise and Calorie King and start fresh on Monday. To my great surprise, I have not binged, despite not writing down every bite that went into my mouth yesterday for the first day in more than two months. That's a relief, really. In fact, I may have even eaten less. There is a certain mentality that goes along with knowing that you have a certain number of calories to eat in a day, and knowing exactly how mnay you have left. I know you know what I mean...the mentality that makes you start calculating how many calories are in the rest of the Cherry Garcia frozen yogurt, no matter how hungry or not hungry you are.

So on Monday. I'm going back to two weight training and three cardio sessions a week. It's working for me, no matter what Bob Greene says. I was getting to the point where instead of looking forward to my workout, I was dreading it. So it's time to re-evaluate before I burn myself out completely.

So...more tomorrow. The plan is my hour-long bike ride tomorrow, a shorter bike-ride and a shorter walk on Wednesday and an hour-long walk on Friday. The weights on Tuesday and Thursday. Then swimming on Saturday or something active with my kids.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of experts in diet and exercise but only one expert in you. You definitely don't want to burn out at this stage.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Amazon Alanna said...

Phew, am I glad you're okay!

ywah, you have to listen to what your body is teeling you bout training. It knows better than any pro out there. Once you become a professional athlete, then you can push your limits until you're on the brink of death.

Now is the time to *enjoy* being active!

6:13 PM  
Blogger drstaceyny said...

What they said. . .

Plus, since 50% of people who start an exercise program drop out w/in the first 6 mos., good for you for recognizing your limits--which will allow you to keep going!

8:05 AM  
Blogger mom to four boys said...

Keep it up!! You are doing great!!
a set back back only means you will try harder and be successful..
I am proud of you.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home