Once Upon a Fat Girl

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Leap of Faith

We heard from the realtor yesterday. We did not get our house. For about half an hour I was so devistated that I could barely breathe. Someone else is going to live in my house!

And then I made myself buck up. I called Scott's mom, who lives in Ely and whom Adrienne is going to stay with for six weeks or so, so she can start school on the first day.

Candice said what she always says. Don't panic. Take a breath. Everything will be okay. We'll find you somewhere to live.

Because there are no houses for rent in Ely. Honestly. There are a tiny handful of two bedroom places in the paper. But come on. We have three kids. Two bedrooms ain't gonna cut it.

So she called a few hours later, and said that she found a two bedroom that might work. It has a huge laundry room that would fit a bed for Nick for the short term, and a gigantic shed/garage that would fit all our stuff so we wouldn't have to rent a storage unit.

So. I'm going to take Adrienne down there Monday. This is a gigantic leap of faith--acting on the assumption that everything will work out the way I want it to. The assumption that if we just keep moving foward, something will pop up in our path to make everything okay.

***

My weight has completely stagnated. I'm happy I'm not gaining. But shit. I want to lose some more. I'm going to go back to weighing myself at home, like I did in the beginning. Going to TOPS gave me too much of a diet mentality. Mainly the idea that I can binge for two days as long as I'm good for the five days leading up to my meeting.

I'm also going to cancel my YMCA membership. It's $60 and we can use that money for other stuff (it costs $800 to rent a U-Haul from Vegas to Ely! Yikes.) And I'm going to be so incredibly busy the next six weeks that I'll have no time to get to the gym. It's cooling down a little here, at least in the morning and evening, so I can take a walk outside.

So, Saturday will be my home weigh in. Just like in the beginning. Today: 301.5.

2 Comments:

Blogger Martalu said...

I am completely devastated on your behalf. I am so sorry. It sucks to get your hopes up only to have them dashed. But when one door closes, another opens. Maybe you'll find an even bigger house that's cheaper and closer to hubby's work, or something similarly good.

I am sorry, but at least you have family there and not all is lost. Keep your chin up Shaunta.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Arindana said...

That is awful!

I wish you luck with with wherever you end up. Faith can be a strong thing and a much needed thing. Totegirl said it all.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home