Once Upon a Fat Girl

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Power Struggle

We just got our power bill for August. To a tune of more than $700.

WTF??? If we ever get that apartment in Ely, that power bill is 1 1/2 times our rent!

July and June were both under $200. Clearly there is a problem. Part of which is the fact that historically our summer power bills are about $400 and we felt like we hit the lottery in June and July. Kevin called the power company, and they said that they'll send someone out to check our meter in 10 to 15 days. Two weeks? And how will they adjust our bill if the meter is broken? How will they know how much power we used? What a headache.

On the plus side, I weighed myself today and the scale said 295. I was a little shocked. I haven't been the the gym in a good solid month. Maybe six weeks. I meant to start again when school started for Adrienne and Nick, but our second car has been in the shop, so I don't have a car.

I feel very focused again on getting healthy. On eating good foods and taking care of myself. If we can't move until the spring, I plan on being as healthy as possible when we finally get there.

I'm back down to the weight that I was when I got pregnant with Ruby. YEAH!

5 Comments:

Blogger Amazon Alanna said...

The power thing happened to me and Chris once. Turn out that they had misread our meter for a couple of months and it all just caught up in one bill. We tried fighting it as it was their mistake, and not ours. The little guy almost always loses.

Shaunta, there is no time like the present to get back into the gym. I'm getting back to the gym today. I have an appointment with my mom to lift weights at 5 this afternoon. I need the stress relief. I'm sure you'll be back in soon, too!

8:36 AM  
Blogger BigAssBelle said...

YEA!! and UGH! the power bill. ours went up 40% over last year.

gym, woman. get there ;-) i say that as much for myself as for you.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

OMG, $700.00?!?! Thats crazy, unless you have a house the size of a mini mall with really high ceilings. I hope the power company made a HUGE mistake.

Our bill was $184.00 last month and I about had a heart attack.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

Thats a ridiculous power bill! Something is surely wrong somewhare. I too am trying to lose this weight. its an endless battle.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're doing ok.....
Jill @ extrapounds

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home