Once Upon a Fat Girl

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Gah

I'm still here. With all the family stuff going on, I just haven't felt like writing. I haven't binged, I'm stil doing well with eating. But I've only worked out once this week. I'm going to go today, and tomorrow...and just kick things back in gear. It's all I can do, right?

I had the most godawful lunch yesterday. It was a cobb salad...and they left the skin on the chicken! EW! How nasty is that? And it wasn't even nice, browned skin...it was all pale and wobbley. I couldn't even eat my salad. And my kids were heathens. Sigh. A waiter had to come tell me that my son was asking people in the restaurant's arcade for money. WTF? How embarassing is that? Ruby was screeching like she was being murdered. Adrienne was giving me attitude. We finally just had to leave. I'm telling you, it'll be a cold day in hell before I take my kids to Jillian's again.

In an odd way, I feel much more relaxed about my weight-loss right now. Like it's just part of my life, instead of the entire focus as it has been since May. That's a good thing.

My dad starts his radiation on Monday. Please keep him in your prayers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Omg, you just reminded me of a time when my son was young... I'd taken him and my friend's kids to a movie and then for something to eat and got told off because they were playing up so much in the food court. There is nothing so embarassing!

Best wishes for your dad.

8:09 AM  
Blogger The Relentless Reader said...

It can be ohhh so scary to take our children out in public sometimes. I feel your pain :)

I'm thinking of your dad Shaunta, and sending all the healthy, healing vibes that I can.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home