Once Upon a Fat Girl

Monday, July 31, 2006

Spectacular-ness

Whoo...what a weekend!

First of all--I didn't realize it was possible to miss someone as much as I missed Ruby. By Sunday afternoon I had gone from noticing other babies with big brown eyes and dark curls, to saying things to myself like "hmmm...thats what Ruby would look like if she was a 15-year-old boy."

We had so much fun, though! Oooh I love Disneyland :) Also, clearly we have been sleep deprived. On Friday night we went back to the hotel after the fireworks...and slept from 11 p.m. until 9:30 a.m. On Saturday night we decided to go back to the hotel at 7 p.m. for a rest, and then go back for the parades and fireworks. We fell asleep at 7:30 and woke up at 7:30 the next morning! I have not slept twelve hours...ever.

Anyway--I did pretty well, eating wise. Kevin and I shared meals almost the entire weekend. Like splitting an order, rather than each having our own. And, of course, I walked a TON. I did eat more calories than normal...especially with snacks. But, I ate fewer calories than I would have on any other trip. And I stopped eating when I was full. I only over ate once, at dinner on Saturday. We went to a Mexican restaurant in Downtown Disney. But even then, I ate less than I have in the past.

So--tomorrow will tell. TOPS day. I have decided not to be upset if I've gained a couple. I honestly don't think that I have. But if I have--it was worth it.

I feel rested and just...good. This weekend was spectacular.

2 Comments:

Blogger Living to Feel Good said...

Glad you had a good time. Hopefully the parks weren't to busy and you got to do everything you wanted. What did you think of Pirates? I don't think they ruined it at all.

8:59 AM  
Blogger The Relentless Reader said...

How was the weather for you Shaunta? Hopefully not too steamy hot. It sounds like you had a good, good time! Great luck tomorrow at TOPS!

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home